Sunday, March 18, 2012

Goat Cheese With Honey and Pistachio

I love the combination of goat cheese and honey. It's salty and sweet and tart and delicious. It's so simple to make too! I usually just drizzle some honey over goat cheese on toasted bread, but this time I mixed it in with the cheese and I liked the consistency.  The goat cheese has a crumble-y texture at first, but when you mix in the honey, it becomes soft and spreadable.  My friend Ashley told me how she recently tried it with pistachios and that it went well with the cheese.  I decided that I would give it a try and bring it to our most recent book club meeting, where we talked about The Art of Racing in the Rain (great book).  So all you need to whip up this delicious appetizer are three ingredients: pistachio nuts, goat cheese, and honey.

shell some pistachios
break up some goat cheese and add to a bowl
Add a good amount of honey, I just eyeballed it.  Mix together and then add the pistachios.
Finished product.  I saved a few pistachios to put on top and drizzled some more honey.
French baguette and cinnamon crackers to spread the goat cheese on.
Spread it on bread or crackers, this is the simplest appetizer and such a favorite for me and my friends.

2 comments:

  1. It was so good! Thanks for making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious!! Might need to do this for myself like...tonight

    ReplyDelete