Sunday, March 4, 2012

Toffee Latte Scones With Irish Cream Glaze

I saw this recipe for Toffee Latte Scones the other day, and I thought they sounded sooo good, I had to try making a batch this weekend.  I've never made scones before but it wasn't too involved and they turned out pretty great!

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of toffee bits.  I couldn't find any so I just chopped up three Heath bars.  It was a little more than 1/2 cup, so I saved the extra to sprinkle on some ice cream for later.

Three Heath Bars
All chopped up
Next, melt 1/4 cup of vanilla ice cream
Melted vanilla ice cream
 Then, add 2 tablespoons of instant coffee into the melted ice cream
 Add two eggs into the melted vanilla ice cream and instant coffee mixture.


Next, mix 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon baking powder.

Then, cut 1/2 cup of butter (1/2 of a stick) into small cubes, and incorporate into the flour mixture.  I used a pastry blender, but you could use a fork.
 

It will look something like this:
 

 Add 1/2 cup of the chopped up toffee


Then add the liquids
 
 Mix with a fork and dough will come together

 
 Pat into 8-10 inch circle about 1 inch thick and cut into wedges
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, then 300 for another 10 minutes

While the scones were baking, I got creative and decided to make a glaze to drizzle on top of the scones for some extra sweetness.  I used one cup of powdered sugar and three tablespoons of Bailey's Irish Cream Coffee Creamer.

I let the scones cool before drizzling the glaze

Scones on a cooling rack
Everyone is glazed and happy
This little one has my name written all over it
I hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you added the glaze to the top of the scones:-) So glad you like the recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete