Sunday, March 4, 2012

Two Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

Continuing on with my obsession with Pinterest recipes, I decided to try out this latest recipe.  If you know me, then you know I absolutely love anything pumpkin flavor.  It doesn't have to be Fall for me to enjoy a pumpkin treat.  Even if you aren't as into pumpkins as I am, I think you will still like this recipe.  Its fairly healthy too, with my rough calculations, they should be about 185 calories each if you make 12 muffins, which isn't bad if you're having it for breakfast. 

This recipe couldn't be any easier, just one box of yellow cake mix and one 15oz can of pumpkin.


I have made a similar recipe before, preparing the yellow cake mix as directed on the box and adding one up of the canned pumpkin.  It's one of my favorite cupcake recipes, so I was curious how this would turn out without using any of the oil, eggs, etc.
Cake mix and canned pumpkin

Mixing

All the pumpkin incorporated into the cake mix
The batter was thicker than your average cupcake, and didn't smell overwhelmingly of pumpkin.

I always like to use an ice cream scooper to divide the batter evenly into muffin sized cups.


I tried out different sized muffins



Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes and voila!

Baked and ready to eat
Of course I couldn't resist one
The end result is a dense, moist muffin with a hint of pumpkin flavor.  Not too sweet either, just perfect, and it took little to no effort to bake these up.  I will surely be making these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment