Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Salsa Verde Chicken

Have I told you lately how much I love my Crock Pot?  It takes such little effort to throw together a delicious home cooked meal.  Also, I can't tell you how nice it is walking into an amazing smelling house after a long day at work, and having dinner already taken care of.  I wasn't sure how this recipe would turn out, but Brian and I really loved it.  Two ingredients....are you ready for this? 

A jar Salsa Verde and Chicken.  That's it!  Just put the frozen or raw chicken breasts in the Crock Pot and pour Salsa Verde on top.  You can also add any seasonings you like, or some onion or garlic.  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  Shred with two forks.
 
 This chicken goes great with rice, beans, and cheese, or in burritos, quesadillas, nachos, etc.  I can already tell this is going to be a staple in our household!

Dinner is served!

3 comments:

  1. I want to try! Looks amazing! Where did you get the jar of salsa verde? Crock pot recipes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm trying it this week! : )

    ReplyDelete