Thursday, January 12, 2012

Parents Weekend


This weekend my mom and dad are coming to visit!  I'm looking forward to it because my dad hasn't seen our place since we moved in last July.   My mom stayed one weekend a couple months ago and it was lots of fun.  We will definitely be hitting up Guapos – a local Mexican restaurant that my parents just love (it is very good and the service is even better).  We will also have to have a fire in our house on Saturday night. 


So cozy!  Nothing is better than sitting next to the fire and reading a book with a glass of wine.  A snuggie also helps. 


I’m not sure if we will actually do this but my mom and I have been wanting to check out the First Lady dresses on display at the American History Museum in DC.  Last time we went, the exhibit was under renovation and was closed!  Bummer.  I am in love with Michelle Obama’s white dress she wore on inauguration night!  

This may be a bit ambitious, but I would also love to make another batch of Soft Buttery Pretzels , which would be a fun thing to do with my mom.  I have been thinking of switching it up and coating some of the pretzels with cinnamon sugar.  There definitely wouldn’t be any left over! 
 
I am looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend with family.  I just have to do 50 loads of laundry before they get here…eek!

Any suggestions on other fun things to do in DC with parents?

1 comment:

  1. So here's the link I didn't post. oopsies. it's from Doing the District. I sent to my mom and she wanted to do most of the items. http://www.doingthedistrict.com/2011/10/where-to-take-your-mother-when-she.html

    ReplyDelete