Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend in Atlantic City

My friends and I spent Saturday night in Atlantic City and it was so much fun!  

We stayed at The Chelsea hotel (*which I would NOT recommend*) because it was a LivingSocial escapes deal.  The hotel had previously been two separate hotels renovated into one.  So the nicer part of the hotel is where we thought our room was, but it was actually on the older side and the room wasn’t as nice as we expected, but since we were only staying one night we weren’t going to throw a fit about it.   But lesson learned – beware of those LivingSocial deals!  Do your research!!

After we got situated, we had dinner at the hotel restaurant, Tepliztky's, which was actually pretty decent and cheap after we used our $30 voucher from LivingSocial.  I had a spinach salad and sweet potato fries, my favorite.  One of the girls got the signature hotel drink, which was a martini with cucumber and mint, it was really refreshing and different than most drinks I've had.  Ashley and I had the happy hour special drink which was Grey Goose Pear vodka and ginger ale, which was very good too.  

We went back to our rooms to get ready for the evening and had a few drinks.  The other girls we were with had a slightly nicer room, so we popped some champagne and hung out in their room for a bit before heading out.
  





We went to the Tropicana which was a short walk from the hotel (across the street).  It was really nice inside - lots of restaurants, shopping, and of course gambling!


We went to Providence night club based off of our concierge's suggestion.  It was a typical Jersey club: expensive drinks, girls dancing in cages, creepy dudes, etc.  But there were eight of us and we all stuck together for the entire night!  We all danced the night away.




Me and Jessi

Ash and Natalie
Inside the Tropicana in Atlantic City

This weekend was so much fun and reminds me how much I love the time I spend with my friends.  Although we were only there for one night, we made the most out of the time we were there and it felt like we had been gone for the entire weekend!  We need more of these little getaways in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! My girlfriends and I have been failing at planning an AC weekend for almost a year.

    ReplyDelete