Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend in Review


I had a blast this weekend.  Having Monday off from work helped too! 

Friday night my parents came into town.  I made some cinnamon crumb cake before their arrival.  I used a mix from Trader Joes and it came out great!


Saturday morning we took it easy, drinking some coffee and catching up on some TV.  I introduced my mom to Pioneer woman.  It was splendid.  We spent most of the day in our PJs.

Lounging with Winston and Penelope
My parents gave us some suggestions on vacation spots, so we were looking into that for a bit.  They were not too keen on the Mexico idea, due to all the violence that’s been happening over there in the past year.  I don’t think going to an all inclusive resort that shuttles you to and from the airport is too dangerous, but now we are looking at some other places to see if we can still find a place in our budget and calm their nerves.






My dad made Caipirinhas – a traditional Brazilian drink, made with cachaça (sugar cane rum), lime juice, and sugar.  Mine was STRONG!














Then we headed over to Guapos in Bethesda and stuffed ourselves silly.  Look at all that food!








We went home, started a fire in the fireplace, and watched Moneyball, which was actually very good.  I would recommend it.  I’m not big into sports movies but I really enjoyed this one.  Brad Pitt looked pretty good in it too ;-)


Sunday Morning we had some breakfast and then my parent’s headed back to New York.  It was such a quick trip!  But it was really nice having them visit.  Although they were leaving, the weekend wasn’t over yet!  

Brian and I headed out to a Caps game Sunday night, which was exciting since I’d never been to a game before!  It was a lot of fun…especially because we won!  I would definitely go to another caps game again, although it can get a little pricey.  Our tickets were $40 each, and we ended up spending over $60 in drinks and food while we were there.  But every once in a while it’s a fun thing to do.




After the game we met up with our friends Chas and Liz, and headed over to Duffys in the U Street area for some of their famous wings and tater tots.  It was exactly what I was craving after the game.  And it was nice to catch up with them too!

I hope you all had a great weekend too!

3 comments:

  1. We watched Moneyball on Sunday night and I loved it! Brad Pitt really does look sexy in it. That drinks makes me want a refreshing drunk so badly. And it makes me want summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the photo of you with the drink, you are still in PJs. Love it. It was great seeing you guys too on such a random way. Hope you liked Duffy's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weekend went fast, but we enjoyed every minute of it. nd us, stay away from Mexico

    ReplyDelete